It is with a heavy heart that unfortunately the Sunday leg of the Maximum Adventure Race Series will NOT be able to take place this weekend. Due to the forecast heavy rain overnight on Saturday and into Sunday there is a high likelihood that the causeway across Glenbrook Creek will be closed on Sunday. All teams, staff, volunteers and suppliers need to cross this causeway to access the event and it’s closure sometime on Sunday would lead to unresolvable safety issues to extract all teams from the National Park. We have liaised closely with the team from National Parks and Wildlife and this decision is unavoidable.
It is utterly heartbreaking to come so close to being able to put on the event for you all.
We do have limited spots available in the Saturday event for those teams able to make it. With the rain not arriving until late on Saturday the event can still take place safely on the 20th. Therefore, if you would like to participate on Saturday please email us on [email protected], the limited spaces will be on a first come, first served basis.
If you are not one of the lucky teams able to take part on Saturday or you cannot make the Saturday event your entry will be rolled over to the 2022 Maximum Adventure Race in the Blue Mountains. You do not need to do anything in this instance, your entry will be automatically rolled over.
Alternatively the following options are available to you:
- Transfer 100% of your entry fee to another Max Adventure event in 2021 or 2022. If you are wanting to transfer your entry you will need to let us know by Monday 1st August 2022 via email to [email protected]. You do not need to decide which event you are transferring to by that date but to claim this transfer offer you will need to notify us so we can withdraw you from the Blue Mountains 2022 event.
- A refund of your entry fee, plus any pre-purchased merchandise if desired, minus the nominated admin fee of $30 per team ($15 per person). To claim a refund please email [email protected]. Refunds will be available until Sunday 4th September 2022, two weeks out from the 2022 event date.
We thank you for your understanding and support in this difficult time. Our small customer service team is sure to be busy over the next few weeks so apologies in advance if there are slight delays in replying or processing your requests.
We are as passionate about putting on our events as you are in participating in them, however safety needs to take priority, we look forward to seeing you at another of our events in the near future.