Max Adventure Race – Sunshine Coast
Sunday 17th July 2022
The Kids Course will involve trail running and mountain biking legs (no kayaking) with simple navigation. There will be approximately 1-2km of running and 2-4km of biking.
The kids course will be marked with arrows to help guide our young adventurers to the checkpoints. However keeping in the spirit of Adventure Racing some map reading is required. Parent/Guardians are encouraged to join their kids on the course to help with this.
Kids Course teams can consist of two children up to a maximum of five children per team. Teams with at least one child aged over 12 years can participate without a parent/guardian. Teams composed only of children aged under 12 years MUST have a parent/guardian accompany them for safety. Entry is free for parents/guardians accompanying young children on the Kids Course.
Parents should create a team registering themselves as a Non-Participating Team Captain first, then register each subsequent child as a team member in that team, with one child nominated as the team captain.
If a parent wishes to race with their child on the Kids Course in a team, they may do so and will need to register as a Participating Team Captain (just be aware the course is designed as a Kids introduction to Adventure Racing so it won’t prove to be a challenge for the adult).
Teams of two to five kids, with an adult if all participants are under 12 years of age.
|Kids Course (5-14yrs)||Price|
|Early Bird Entry – 21/3/22 to 21/4/22||$40*|
|Standard Entry – 22/4/22 to 16/6/22||$45*|
|Final Entry – 17/6/22 to 13/7/22||$50*|
* A $1 plus 2.5% processing fee applies. All prices are per person.
Sunday 17th July, 2022
|9.45 – Registration opens|
|10.15 – Registration closes|
|10.30 – Race start|
|11.15 – First competitors finish|
|12.30 – Final competitors finish|
Included in your entry fee
- Race maps for your team
- Race bibs
- A Max Adventure Race Series Finishers Medal
- A professionally organised, safe and enjoyable adventure race
- Professional timing system
- Qualified first aiders
- Access to post race food options (purchased for an additional cost)
To participate in the Max Adventure Race Series, all participants must:
- Be able to ride a bike.
- Be able to read a simple map (see example here) and follow course signage (red arrows).
- Have a basic level of fitness and sense of adventure.
- Be prepared to follow the rules and conditions included in the final instructions.
For an overview of the gear required for Adventure Racing, check out the Rules & Equipment page which outlines all the kit that teams in the Novice and Classic Courses need to have to participate in the event. Participants in the Kids Course should have the following:
- Bike and approved Bike Helmet (per person)
- Water/snacks for 1-2 hours
- Mobile Phone (one per team)
- Waterproof Map Case (if weather conditions require it – a large zip lock bag will be sufficient)